3D Cone Beam Technology: A New Dimension in Dentistry
Cone Beam Imaging, a relatively new form of dental technology, incorporates a third dimension to dentistry. This method has transformed how dentists gather information, diagnose, and treat patients by leaps and bounds. The visual created by the cone-shaped beam has altered the standard of care provided by dentists, and helps assure the best outcome for dentists and patients alike.
Through a 10 second scan, dental professionals can see computer-generated views of the bones of the teeth and face, from every angle. These colored images allow for a more complete study of individual cases and thorough treatment planning. With lower exposure to radiation (when compared to traditional scans), patients can be confident and assured that their treatment, from beginning to end, will be accurate and successful.
There’s no question that cone beam technology elevates the way dental professionals provide preventative care and treatment of oral diseases and conditions. Yet, there are other specific benefits that should be noted.
Cone Beam Technology Benefits:
- Clear, less distorted images
- Accurate views of soft tissue and bone, surface angles, and even biting surfaces
- Ability to create 3D models (eliminating the need for impressions)
- Assessment of damaged or fractured roots
- During extraction, dentists can clearly see the mandibular nerve
- Visual of the Sinuses and Sinus Cavity
- Helps analyze temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- In planning and placing dental implants
- Assessment of cleft palate
- Diagnosing tumors, cysts, or infection
- Assessment of symmetry in jaw
Cutting-Edge Dental Technology
At Pleasant Plains Dental, we proudly use 3D Cone Beam Technology to provide high quality dental care to you and your family. You can be at ease with your treatment knowing that this technology gives us more than enough slices of information regarding your case. Do you have questions about cone beam technology, and how it can enhance your diagnosis and treatment? Call us today!
Posted on behalf of Dr. Henry J. Ernst, Pleasant Plains Dental
Follow Us on Google+
Pleasant Plains Dental
Indian Trail, NC 28079